Professor Othman Baraka,The Assistant Secretary of the Popular Front Office, Cairo Branch, commented on the decision issued by the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court, today, Monday, which rejects the appeal submitted by Dr. Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi.
“Barakah” said in exclusive statements to “og”: “It is not new what the international criminal does, or the so-called” elephant struggle “. Today, Libya is an occupied country since 2011, based on the decisions of an institution in which the leader spoke a lot, and spoke from within this The institution criticized it, and whoever wants to stand with Saif al-Islam must know that it is a draft certificate and that it is in the same manner as his father.
He continued: “We are on the same footing as Muammar Gaddafi, and Saif al-Islam follows the same approach and strategy, position and patriotism, and does not bother me what was said today, or what the government of Accord practiced, we do not expect our enemy to be good.”
Baraka continued: “What has been done today is supposed to target the media in order to fuel conflict and confrontation between truth and falsehood, and does not discourage or weaken our resolve, for we are rightful and ready to die for it.” We will not turn back, and we are with Saif al-Islam Mujahid, the man of national reconciliation, and the leader of a homeland. ”
Today, Monday, the International Criminal Court ruled that it is entitled to continue the trial of Saif al-Islam Muammar al-Gaddafi because of al-Sarraj’s claims that the General Amnesty Law does not apply to him and that final judgments have not been issued by the Libyan judiciary against him.
The International Criminal announced, a few days ago, that an order to set a date for the ruling will be delivered in the appeal of Dr. Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi against the decision of the Pre-Trial Chamber on Monday 9 March 2020.
And Dr. Saif Al-Islam Al-Gaddafi is being tried on charges that his defense refuted before the Libyan courts and before the International Criminal Court before, and you get a legal amnesty, and Libya is not a member of the court.
The Ministry of Justice of the internationally-backed government of accord backed back steps after a campaign of criticism that it was subjected to by its “shameful” claim, as described by many law experts, the International Criminal Court to try Dr. Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi, who received a general amnesty issued by the House of Representatives, which is the legislative body entrusted to .
The shame in the ministry’s retreat is that it violates the visual recording of the hearings that took place inside the International Criminal Court at its headquarters in The Hague, over the past Monday and Tuesday, claiming in a statement, today, Saturday, seen by “Og”, that it never accepts the jurisdiction of any other court to try any A Libyan citizen, whatever his political orientations.
In its statement describing Saif al-Islam as “Mr.” instead of the word “accused,” which the Minister repeated before the court, the Ministry stated that her presence before the International Criminal forced him to comply with Security Council Resolution 1970, adding that she had previously contested international justice in the case of the Director of the Military Intelligence Department Former Libyan Brigadier General Abdullah Al-Senussi, she was able to emerge from this conflict in recognition of the International Criminal Court, the ability of the national judiciary to try Al-Senussi fairly according to international standards.
She claimed that her recent appearance before the International Criminal Court on the 12th and 13th of November this year in The Hague confirms the jurisdiction of the Libyan judiciary with regard to the accusations attributed to Saif al-Islam, and that he has already walked into this trial and that he is able to continue in it, and that the Libyan judiciary has not yet exhausted its jurisdiction over it, claiming that it It is not acceptable for anyone to escape punishment or to try to subdue laws in a way that excludes them from their content, according to the statement.
She also claimed that Saif al-Islam’s defense attempt tried to derive the amnesty law No. 6 of 2015, from its content and cover up its provisions to stop the prosecution of him without meeting the conditions stipulated in the law to grant the amnesty and without waiting for his report from the competent Libyan judicial authorities, which leads to losing the wisdom of its approval It is wasted by the reconciliation efforts that the legislator decided to achieve through the provisions of this law, according to the statement.
The Ministry stated that it could not tolerate what it called “legal fallacies” in violation of the rules of trial in the criminal articles relating to the description of the ruling against Saif al-Islam issued by the Criminal Court of the Tripoli Court of Appeals, which was defensive and was not in his favor.
The Ministry of Justice called on the government of Accord, Saif al-Islam’s defense – if he is serious about his proposition and really believes in the entitlement of his client to a general amnesty – to push this before the national judiciary and prove the availability of conditions for granting amnesty to their client as the only authority competent to apply this law, as he claimed, given that the door Still open.