The “Eyn Libya” news website, the follower for the February stream, announced the results of a poll conducted on the issue of the extradition of Dr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi to the International Criminal Court and its jurisdiction to hear his case, pointing out that this issue has aroused controversy and wide interest during the past days among the general Libyans.
The news site, he conducted a survey on that issue, where the direct question was: with or against the surrender of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi to the International Court of Justice?
According to the news site, the result of the poll showed that 74% of respondents voted in favor of not extradite Saif al-Islam Gaddafi compared to 26% agreed to hand him over.
He cited “Eyn Libya”, a number of comments to the participants in the survey, where Ismail Ali said: “The question received him to whom? Unsigned to hand over citizens to the International Criminal Court .. This is the sovereignty of the state.
In another comment, Osama al-Dahmani said: “I am a Libyan citizen against the surrender of any Libyan to the United Nations. The release of the Gaddafi detainees and the decision of the House of Representatives to grant a general exemption for the prisoners, this makes us strongly to try him in the Criminal Court, because Libya is still not safe to conduct these trials.
It is noteworthy that the International Criminal Court, completed its sessions over the past Monday and Tuesday, the trial of Dr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, after the Court’s Appeals Chamber, earlier, a judicial order to hold a hearing to consider the appeal submitted by Saif al-Islam on 11 and 12 In November, the court called on the UN Security Council, the Libyan government, and the so-called “February 17 Victims Association” to submit their written observations no later than 24 October.
Participated in the hearings, members of the Defense Council, Dr. Seif al-Islam Gaddafi, members of the prosecution of the International Criminal Court, and the Minister of Justice of the Government of accord internationally supported, and the representative of Libya at the Court, and a number of members of human rights organizations.
The delegation of the Government of National Accord called for the extradition of Dr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi to the International Criminal Court for retrial in a historical precedent that raised the surprise of attendance, that the government abandon the trial of its citizens on its territory and under its sovereignty.
The Justice Ministry of the internationally backed government of accord backed down after a campaign of criticism of its “shameful” demand as described by many legal experts, the International Criminal Court to try Dr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, who received a general amnesty from the House of Representatives, which is the legislative authority .
Shameful in the retreat of the ministry that it violates the video recording of hearings that took place within the International Criminal Court at its headquarters in The Hague, over the past Monday and Tuesday, claiming in a statement, on Saturday, read by”Og,” it never accepts the competence of any other jurisdiction to try any Libyan citizen, regardless of his political orientation.
In its statement, which described Saif al-Islam as “the master” instead of the word “accused”, which the minister repeated before the court, the ministry said that her presence before the International Criminal Court compelled him to comply with UN Security Council Resolution 1970, adding that she had previously contested international jurisdiction in the case of the Director of Military Intelligence. Former Libyan Brigadier General Abdullah al-Sanusi, was able to emerge from this conflict with the recognition of the International Criminal Court on the ability of the national judiciary to try al-Sanusi fairly in accordance with international standards.
She claimed that her recent appearance before the International Criminal Court on 12 and 13 November in The Hague in the Hague confirms the jurisdiction of the Libyan judiciary in view of the charges attributed to Saif al-Islam, and that he already walked in this trial and that he is able to continue, and that the Libyan judiciary has not yet exhausted his mandate, claiming that Do not accept that anyone get away with it or try to adapt laws to get them out of their content, according to the statement.
The Ministry stated that it could not tolerate what it called “legal inaccuracies” in contravention of the rules of trial in the criminal articles concerning the description of the judgment against Saif al-Islam by the Criminal Chamber of the Tripoli Court of Appeal, which it had raised in defense and which was not in his favor.
The Ministry of Justice of the Government of Accord called on Saif Al-Islam’s defense, if he is serious in his proposal and believes in the fact that his client is entitled to a general amnesty, to push this before the national judiciary and prove the conditions of granting amnesty to their client as it is the only competent authority to implement this law, as it claims, as the door It is still open.