The independent observer of the International Criminal Court, Dr. Mustafa al-Fitouri, commented on the decline of the position of the internationally supported government of accord, following its criticism for the speech of the Minister of Justice, accord, during the hearings on the defense request of Dr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, to stop the prosecution of the criminal court.
“Al-Fitouri” said in a post through his account on the social networking site “Facebook”, monitored by “Og”: “I do not consider myself only a servant of Libya and I will remain, and I do not hope for thanks.”
He continued: “Thank God that there are those who remedied the error and tried to correct it, and thank those who were behind this, this is half a step and I promise the other half and most important.”
The Justice Ministry of the internationally backed government of accord, backed by a campaign of criticism for its “shameful” claim, as described by many legal experts, has retreated to the International Criminal Court to try Dr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, who received a general amnesty from the House of Representatives. which is the legislative body in charge.
Shameful in the retreat of the ministry that it violates the video recording of hearings that took place within the International Criminal Court at its headquarters in The Hague, over the past Monday and Tuesday, claiming in a statement, on Saturday, read by”Og,” it never accepts the competence of any other jurisdiction to try any Libyan citizen, regardless of his political orientation.
In its statement, which described Saif al-Islam as “the master” instead of the word “accused”, which the minister repeated before the court, the ministry said that her presence before the International Criminal Court compelled him to comply with UN Security Council Resolution 1970, adding that she had previously contested international jurisdiction in the case of the Director of Military Intelligence. Former Libyan Brigadier General Abdullah al-Sanusi, was able to emerge from this conflict with the recognition of the International Criminal Court on the ability of the national judiciary to try al-Sanusi fairly in accordance with international standards.
She claimed that her recent appearance before the International Criminal Court on 12 and 13 November in The Hague in the Hague confirms the jurisdiction of the Libyan judiciary in view of the charges attributed to Saif al-Islam, and that he already walked in this trial and that he is able to continue, and that the Libyan judiciary has not yet exhausted his mandate, claiming that Do not accept that anyone get away with it or try to adapt laws to get them out of their content, according to the statement.
The Ministry stated that it could not tolerate what it called “legal inaccuracies” in contravention of the rules of trial in the criminal articles concerning the description of the judgment against Saif al-Islam by the Criminal Chamber of the Tripoli Court of Appeal, which it had raised in defense and which was not in his favor.
The Ministry of Justice of the Government of Accord called on Saif Al-Islam’s defense, if he is serious in his proposal and believes in the fact that his client is entitled to a general amnesty, to push this before the national judiciary and prove the conditions of granting amnesty to their client as it is the only competent authority to implement this law, as it claims, as the door It is still open.